About Jason Luong
Houston Criminal Defense Attorney
Jason Luong is a former prosecutor who successfully prosecuted thousands
of cases on behalf of Harris County residents. In 2007, in his first year
as a prosecutor, Jason was recognized by
Texas Monthly, Law and Politics, as a “Rising Star” in the area of criminal prosecution, where
he was one of only two prosecutors with the Harris County D.A.’s
office to be given this recognition.
Strong Texas Roots
Jason graduated from
cum laude, in 1997 and received his law degree from
The University of Texas School of Law,
with honors, in 2000. While in law school, Jason was selected for membership into
Texas Law Review and also served as an intern to United States District Court Judge for
the Southern District of Texas and the Supreme Court of Texas.
Jason Luong began his legal career as the law clerk to United States District
Court Judge Royal Furgeson, in Midland, Texas, where he worked on one
of the largest criminal law dockets in the country. Jason then practiced
law with two of Houston’s most prestigious civil trial law firms.
In 2008, Jason left his successful civil practice to accept a position
as an Assistant District Attorney in Harris County, Texas.
Jason Luong is also active in the Houston and Harris County community.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Harris County Criminal Lawyers
- Member of the Board of Directors of SNAP! (Spay Neuter Assistant Program)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Asian American Bar Association
of Houston (2008-2010)
- Vice Chair of the Asian Pacific Interest Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, State Bar of Texas’s Committee on Racial Diversity in the
- Board Member of Friends of Teach For America (2002-2005)
- Member of the inaugural class of the Houston Young Lawyers Association’s
Leadership Academy (2003)
- Member, Houston Bar Association (2001-Present)
- Member, Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association (2013-Present)
- Former Member, Texas District and County Attorneys Association (2008-2012)
Jason comes from a family with a long tradition of public service. Jason’s
father worked for the City of Houston for over 22 years. Jason’s
mother has worked as a civilian employee with the Houston Police Department
for over 15 years. Jason’s sister is currently a physician and an
assistant professor with the University of Texas Health Science Center
Connect with Attorney Jason Luong Online!
We encourage you to stay connected to The Law Office of Jason Luong, PLLC
online so that you can stay up to date with the latest firm news and helpful
criminal defense information. Check us out on these websites: