Attorney Jason Luong
Founder and Former Prosecutor Ready to Fight
Attorney Jason Luong is a former prosecutor who successfully prosecuted
thousands of cases on behalf of Harris County residents. In 2007, in his
first year as a prosecutor, Jason was recognized by
Texas Monthly, Law and Politics, as a “Rising Star” in the area of criminal prosecution, where
he was one of only two prosecutors with the Harris County D.A.’s
office to be given this recognition.
Due to this experience as a former prosecutor, Attorney Luong understands
the various intricacies involved with the prosecution process and is able
to use this knowledge to fight even the toughest charges. Regardless of what the criminal offense may be, he has the knowledge
to obtain a positive outcome for his clients.
Experience and Background
While in law school, Attorney Luong was selected for membership into the
Texas Law Review and also served as an intern to United States District Court Judge for
the Southern District of Texas and the Supreme Court of Texas.
Attorney Luong began his legal career as the law clerk to United States
District Court Judge Royal Furgeson in Midland, Texas, where he worked
on one of the largest criminal law dockets in the country. He then practiced
law with two of Houston’s most prestigious civil trial law firms.
In 2008, Attorney Luong left his successful civil practice to accept a
position as an Assistant District Attorney in Harris County, Texas.
Family with a Long Tradition of Public Service
He comes from a family with a long tradition of public service. Jason’s
father worked for the City of Houston for over 22 years. Attorney Luong’s
mother has worked as a civilian employee with the Houston Police Department
for over 15 years. Attorney Luong’s sister is currently a physician
and an assistant professor with the University of Texas Health Science
Center in Houston.
Rice University (1997)
- Undergraduate degree
The University of Texas School of Law (2000)
- Juris Doctorate
- Graduated with honors
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Harris County Criminal Lawyers
- Member of the Board of Directors of SNAP! (Spay Neuter Assistant Program)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Asian American Bar Association
of Houston (2008-2010)
- Vice Chair of the Asian Pacific Interest Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, State Bar of Texas’s Committee on Racial Diversity in the
- Board Member of Friends of Teach For America (2002-2005)
- Member of the inaugural class of the Houston Young Lawyers Association’s
Leadership Academy (2003)
- Member, Houston Bar Association (2001-Present)
- Member, Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association (2013-Present)
- Former Member, Texas District and County Attorneys Association (2008-2012)