Field Sobriety Tests in Texas

Hire a Trusted Houston DWI Attorney

If you’ve been pulled over by an officer who suspects you are under the influence, it’s likely that he or she will ask you to undergo a field sobriety test. It’s important to remember, however, that you are not legally obligated to agree to these tests. A routine strop does not place a driver under custody, and it’s imperative that you remember your rights in order to protect yourself.

At The Law Office of Jason Luong, PLLC, we are experienced in defending clients facing DWI charges, whether it be your first DWI, felony DWI, underage DWI, or subsequent DWI offense. In a criminal court setting, our skilled litigator can challenge whether there was a probable cause for the stop and question the accuracy of your field sobriety test results.

We can work to provide the aggressive defense you need. Call The Law Office of Jason Luong, PLLC at (713) 489-2009 today.

Should I refuse take a field sobriety test?

While it may be tempting to agree to a field sobriety test to prove your innocence, agreeing does not necessarily escape an arrest – field sobriety tests are designed to prove guilt, not innocence. There’s a chance that the officer may arrest you anyways with one small error in your field sobriety test.

If you are pulled over, you should do the following:

  • Provide the officer with your name, license, and proof of insurance
  • Step out of the car only when asked to
  • Avoid answering questions such as, “have you been drinking?” and “when was your last drink?”

Put Attorney Luong in Your Corner

If you’ve been arrested for a DWI, time is absolutely crucial – you only have 15 days from the day of your DWI to request a hearing to contest your charges. With our Houston DWI attorney on your side, you can trust that we will exhaust every possible option to ensure that your rights and liberties are adequately protected.

Contact our firm to request your free case evaluation today!

Complimentary Case Evaluation

Tell Us Your Side of the Story Below, or Call (713) 489-2009 Now